2014 Summer Riding Camp (Day & Overnight)
We are in for yet another great year! We have plans that will make any horse lover jump for joy. We even get the luxury of adding swimming to our daily plans. And we now have Overnight Camp, in addition to Day Camp.
Overnight Riding Camp
Overnight Camp is 5 days long and is designed based around the competition at the end of the week. Most camps start on a Tuesday. If there is a problem with that please contact Heidi for a Monday start option. Each day there will be a lesson and practice, as well as a lecture and practical work designed to enhance the understanding of the competition. Each rider is encouraged to bring their own horse or they will be assigned one of ours. It will be the rider's responsibility to care for that horse, and to share in group stables as well. Parents are encouraged to join us for the competition and kids go home when they are finished competing. More details can be found in the Overnight Camp Packet below.
- June 17-21: "Fun Show"
- July 6-10: Youth Dressage Festival
- July 15-19: Hunter Show
- July 29-Aug 2: Schooling Event
Overnight Camp Packet
Day Riding Camp
This year campers will be learning not only what goes into routine care for a horse, but also to note health issues, personality issues and how to manage them, and the daily expectations for horse ownership. The kids will have one mounted session during the day in lesson format with fun "extras" such as, but not limited to, games, bareback, trail riding, and showing. More details can be found in the Day Camp Packet below.
- June 30-July 3: How do you really relax with horses, safely? Mon-Thurs
- July 7-July 11: New to horses? Come learn about the horse from the beginning.
- July 14-July 18: This week ends with a show. Campers will be encouraged to participate in the show on Saturday. Parents will be encouraged to join us.
- July 28-Aug 1: A little "Natural horsemanship" anyone?
- Aug 4-Aug 8: Enjoy the horses, even have a little ground work fun.
- Aug 11-Aug 15: This week ends with a show. Campers will be encouraged to participate in the show on Saturday. Parents will be encouraged to join us.
Day Camp Packet